For all man are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field; the grass withers and the flowers fall -1Peter 1:24

Monday, May 26, 2008

Adidas Sundown Marathon - Part 3 Five days to go

Five more days before the big event. Doubt my training was adequate, but am grateful to have recovered enough from the injured state, to be able to put in a good run.

Have been resting my body well this whole week, with minor exercises to maintain readiness, but nothing heavy at this time, in order to preserve the best possible condition in anticipation for the massive beating to bear on the marathon.

Can't wait for it to happen now, its going to be fun. And really look forward to lifting my personal alcohol ban* and gulping down that ice cold tower! Truely motivating!

*Had stopped drinking since they day I agreed to join the marathon. Not that moderate alcohol would impact performance, I did it as a personal expression of discipline and commitment.

No comments: