For all man are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field; the grass withers and the flowers fall -1Peter 1:24

Friday, June 27, 2008

You too should know the sorrow of losing that you wanted to protect

Man tends to think of the past when they are about to die,
as if searching for proof that they had ever been alive.


We shall take a moment of awkward silence for someone I should have got to know better and could no longer do. Life is fragile.

Staying over with me was a bad idea. It's not like I didn't try to make her leave, but everytime I confronted her, she would avoid me. And then the inevitable happened. A freak accident, one in a million chance and it had to take place. Was at the wrong place at the wrong time, a sudden gust of wind and the door slammed.

No, we don't talk to each other, but afterall she was the only one that lived here with me for the last few weeks. And No, no one deserves such a fate!

Don't know if I should be grateful or sorry that I wasn't around. It would have torn me apart, yet I should have been there by her side during the final moments.

I only saw it this afternoon. Opened the door and noticed something sticking where it shouldn't be. When she didn't respond, I knew it was bad, real bad.

At least it must have been quick. It had to be! There was no sign of a struggle, maybe she didn't even knew what hit her, let us take comfort in that.

Wish I treated her better when I had the chance...



Hide all

2 comments:

Workingdonkey said...

wah lau...kept a lizard as a mistress and never told us!!!

so where's the wake?

hope79 said...

Lucky Lizard will be on display until further notice. Book your tickets now to avoid disappointment