For all man are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field; the grass withers and the flowers fall -1Peter 1:24

Sunday, October 12, 2008

New Balance Real Run 2008

Signed up for the New Balance Real Run. Collected my race pack today. Will be running the 15Km Men's open category. This is an interesting race because it includes running across sand (beachside), and trail, which possess a different challenge from that of roads and tracks.

In preparation, I did various alternative training in addition to long runs.
Mainly trained in my Army New Balance Shoes which I'll be wearing during the race.

CONDITIONING
- Running on uneven terrain
- Martial Arts (Muay Thai kicks and kneecaps, shadow boxing, bag work)
- Under the sun long runs

ENDURANCE
- Medium distance speed runs
- Wind sprints

POWER
- Staircase sprints
- Static muscle training (horse stances, heel lifts, squat lifts)
- Chin ups, Weights

Had been rather laid back compared to the last few races. Probably won't be at my physical peak for this race. However, I do feel more confident nowadays, after my full marathon experience.

No comments: