For all man are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field; the grass withers and the flowers fall -1Peter 1:24

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Towards Managing Conflicts - With other people

Do you know how hard I tried?
to lose that foolish pride.


I find it meaningless to get into conflicts, there's seldom anything to gain and more likely will work negatively.

Getting angry with loved ones, will be regretted later.
Being sturbbon with friends erodes the friendship.
Starting a fight for whatever reason in the office, makes us look uncooperative.
Having a quarrel with strangers can at best ruin your mood, or (in the worst scenario) result in some less sane individual coming after your family, yourself or your properties.

Better to lose my pride for someone I love, than the other way round.
Remember the times our friends give in to our tantrums.
Keep cool, save the job, win that promotion, earn respect.
Often, "getting even" may not be worth it. It might be easier to just let the moment past, and enjoy the rest of the day.

Lyrics from some song:
sometimes I could get even
sometimes I could give up
sometimes I could give,
sometimes I don't give a ...

No comments: