For all man are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field; the grass withers and the flowers fall -1Peter 1:24

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Fare thee well, for the end is near

keep floundering until the bitter end, and die in pitiful futility

And I dare not raise my head to look upon, that which has come to bring my end.
I shivered in cold awkward fear, and would turn tail and flee, had my body obeyed me.
My right arm heeds not, and my legs turn numb, I all but spasmed a little, which was all that’s left in me.

Bemirthed by my desperation, it glanced upon me and laughed. A laughter so hollow, more devoid of humor, than a corpse’s final stare.
“Finish me” I muttered, the last of what my crushed spirit could muster. “Finish me I say, End it now” a final show of defiance and nothing more.
But its capacity for cruelty, of this world it came not. The end it did not bring, instead unto my mind's eye it burned, the vision of what the end will finally bring.

And then in the dark it left me, knowing, and knowing the certainty. The many moons to anticipate, all the frightful more made the wait.

No comments: