For all man are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field; the grass withers and the flowers fall -1Peter 1:24

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Mortality draws near

Fell sick agin.
Went to 老爷's mother's 60th birthday dinner, and I can't touch the wine. Couldn't even enjoy myself as I felt so tired. What a shame.

Been falling ill nearly every fortnight or so. Wtf's going on? Where is that infinite energy I used to be able to draw upon?
老爷 said I used to be quite healthy.
Momo said I seemed to have lost my drive.
CK thinks I pushed myself too hard and should learn to let go

"Greatness has its own rewards... and its own terrible costs."

Maybe I've finally depleted all my resources. Have I really that little to spare? Or have I, in all my unrealistic expectations, simply forced this body beyond it's natural limits too often and now am feeling the side effects? Could be I'm meant to die young.

But still, unlike most people, I have little regrets, have always tried my best, with no loose ends or unfinished business. Sooner or later I'll meet God, if my time comes early, so be it.

Lyrics: The Real Folk Blues
Original: Doro no kawa ni tsukatta, Jinsei mo waruku wa nai, Ichido kiri de owarunara
Tranlated: Sitting in muddy water, isn't such a bad life, if it ends after the first time

No comments: